about suzy locke & associates
Suzy R. Locke & Associates has been an art advisor to Fortune 500 companies, health-care organizations, professional service firms, the hospitality industry, government agencies and private clients for more than 40 years.
We know how to work efficiently with our clients, integrating art from the beginning of a project. Considerations also include the integrity and functional purpose of the space, budget, installation, safety and maintenance.
As an independent art advisor, we have no ties to particular galleries or artists. Suzy Locke has been a member of the Association of Professional Art Advisors from the organization’s inception, and adheres to its code of ethics.
Suzy Locke has been an art advisor since 1974. She holds a B.A. in art history as well as an applied art background in original graphic techniques.
Suzy has lectured on art collecting at most of the major art schools and arts organizations in Northern California, including the Oakland Museum of California, Academy of Art University, California College of the Arts, San Francisco Art Institute, John F. Kennedy University, San Jose State University, University of California, Santa Barbara, and University of California, Merced Campus.
Suzy also has more than 25 years of experience as a fine art appraiser, and is accredited by the American Society of Appraisers. Her appraisal clients have included Bank of America, Oakland Museum of California and The Sharper Image.
Her professional credentials include the following:
- Accredited appraiser and member of the American Society of Appraisers, with clients including Bank of America, Vodaphone, Oakland Museum of California, The Sharper Image, Park Hyatt Hotels and State Farm Insurance.
- Board member, American Committee for Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel
- Past board member, Association of Professional Art Advisors
- Past board member, Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life of The Bancroft Library of the University of California
- Past board member, East Bay Jewish Community Federation
- Past member, Interior Architecture Committee of the San Francisco Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Past board member, the Independent Living Resource Center
- Member of the Professional Women’s Business Exchange
Mia Kodani graduated from the University of California with a B.A. in letters and science and has a M.F.A. degree from Cranbrook Academy of Art in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
collection management services
- accredited appraisal services, including assessing condition of artworks
- art acquisition
- budget development
- framing and installation
- care and maintenance of your collection
- cataloging, documentation and records maintenance
- educational materials and seminars for employees and visitors
- supervision of art commissions, including contract negotiation
- rotating and permanent exhibitions for government, public spaces, hospitals and corporate offices
- moving, handling and storing artworks
- comprehensive supervision of museum exhibition loans